Question: Why Do I Feel Weird After Cleaning With Bleach?

Can cleaning with bleach make you dizzy?

Bleach can cause irritation to the nasal passages, mouth and lungs, and damage to the skin.

Carpet and upholstery cleaners can cause liver damage, cataracts, and possibly cancer from long-term exposure.

These cleaners may also trigger dizziness, confusion, decreased appetite, and nausea..

What happens when you inhale too much bleach?

Breathing high amounts of chlorine gas can lead to a build-up of fluid in the lungs and severe shortness of breath that could lead to death if untreated. Immediately or within a few hours after breathing chlorine gas, the lungs can become irritated, causing coughing and/or shortness of breath.

How long does it take to get rid of bleach fumes?

If you encounter bleach fumes, move to fresh air as soon as possible. If bleach comes in contact with eyes or skin, flush the area with cool water for 15 to 20 minutes.

Why does cleaning make me feel sick?

Some people joke that they’re allergic to house cleaning. But in all seriousness, allowing dust and mold to accumulate in your home can be harmful to your health. Endotoxins shed by household dust and mold spores can cause serious allergic responses, including asthma.

Do you need to rinse after cleaning with bleach?

Rinsing thoroughly after using the disinfecting bleach solution should prevent any residue from being left behind. The sanitizing solution for dishes and the like, on the other hand, is dilute enough that residue is not an issue — air-drying is actually an important part of the process.

How do you feel better after cleaning with bleach?

Right after being exposed to these fumes, the best at-home action is getting fresh air. Try to ventilate your indoor living space as much as possible. You may want to consider spending a significant amount of time outside in the hours following breathing in the fumes.